United Way United Way of King County is committed to working for a racially just community where all people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. We believe that having staff, volunteers and supporters who represent diverse backgrounds will allow us to better accomplish our mission. We continue to work diligently to ensure that the field of philanthropy is welcoming to diverse communities. We strive for a diverse workforce and particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, as well as people of color to apply and be part of our team.
Our culture promotes collaboration, teamwork, open communication, leadership, integrity and accountability.
The Web Developer and UX Strategist is responsible for creating and maintaining an engaging web and mobile presence that supports United Way of King County’s communications, fundraising, and racial equity goals. The position is responsible for the organization’s website as well as overseeing other hosted websites that serve targeted audiences. The role serves as a liaison with external vendors to ensure up-to-date design as well as day-to-day operations including updating content. The position passionately contributes to United Way’s mission to bring the community together to work toward racial justice.
The annual salary range is $84,582 to 86,462 DOE. This position is open until filled.
· Works proactively within the creative team to determine user needs and proposes innovative solutions.
· Recommends and implements new approaches that enhance the user experience, highlight United Way’s mission and encourage engagement with the organization’s programs.
· Optimizes user experience and site content for search engine rankings, including HTML, site structure, layout and navigation.
· Build email marketing campaigns in collaboration with copywriters and marketing data analysts.
· Performs ongoing maintenance of the WordPress website.
· Interfaces with external customers and suppliers regarding site needs; works to develop new features based on customer needs.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Demonstrated clear understanding of social and racial justice and equity, with a demonstrated commitment to applying racial and economic justice lenses in personal and professional contexts.
· Lived experience and/or demonstrated professional skills in a diverse work environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of email marketing and best practices for email templates.
· Demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices and responsive design.
· Demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing and design, user experience and web accessibility best practices.
· Proven basic proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Demonstrated intermediate to advance Microsoft Office suite skills.
· Demonstrated understanding of brand management.
· Excellent writing and verbal skills.
· Proven ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Team spirit and proven collaborator.
· Demonstrated creativity, innovation and good judgment.
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Photoshop or other platforms used to create basic graphic content.
Education and/or experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, specializing in computer science, information systems, business administration or a related discipline. Must have at least three years of web product development experience. WordPress experience a plus.
UWKC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. . United Way of King County values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color to apply.
We are a national service employer: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
United Way of King County is an exceptional place to work that can provide you with:
Opportunities to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
Ongoing collaboration with various staff and other constituents
A desirable culture of high performance expectations and accountability
· Exciting and challenging work
· Opportunities to help solve the community’s toughest problems
Competitive compensation commensurate with demonstrated performance and experience
· Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you.
Please click here to apply online via the following link. You will be asked to upload your CV and provide a cover letter as well as complete the UWKC application.
***Candidates MUST apply through the UWKC Career Center to be considered for this position. Click here to access the Career Center to apply.***
United Way King County operates a hybrid workplace with all employees able to work remotely, onsite and offsite. Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required for this position.