Analysis and planning –
- Multi-task across a range of products and tasks simultaneously, setting priorities and ensuring efficiency.
- Define and communicate the problem, objective and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate and collaborate with development, business analyst, and design teams to solve problems, make recommendations, and discuss programming best practices.
- Work with stakeholders to find appropriate solutions.
- Conduct research on possible solutions and techniques.
- Analyze systems for root cause, impact, workarounds, and permanent fixes.
- Determine and account for dependencies between deliverables, products and systems.
- Accurately estimate the duration of deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate risks.
- Document analysis and planning process.
- Communicate effectively with line manager on progress, priorities and workload.
- Follow the project plan to develop the software.
- Respect the deadlines and schedules determined during the planning phase.
- Adhere to agreed standards for the code, as established and determined by the Senior Systems Engineer.
- Generate and maintain effective and efficient high quality code.
- Use effective and efficient components and techniques to implement solutions.
- Ensure all work is versioned and backed up according to company standards.
- Take ownership of work, tasks and communication.
Testing and implementation –
- Ensure all work is tested, benchmarked and meets functional requirements before submission.
- Prepare the test environment, examples and instructions.
- Enthusiastically participate in peer code reviews.
- Deploy changes to the live environment.
- Maintain system and product change logs and release notes in accordance with company standards.
Reporting and communication –
- Maintain project documentation up to date and in compliance with standards.
- Provide timely, efficient and effective feedback on project status.
- Proactively keep stakeholders informed of progress, risks and issues.
- Assist in collecting and documenting user requirements, developing user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documents on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Provide information and feedback on queries for relevant projects.
- Certificate in relevant web development or graphic design.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Use good development practices to build a solid product while iterating quickly.
- Relevant degree in web development or graphic design.
- Web package.
- Adopts practical approaches.
- Explore the possibilities.
- Show calm.
- Embrace the change.
- Invite comments.
- Meet deadlines.
- Manages tasks.
- Take action.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position