Position: Web Administrator and Junior Web Developer
Hours: Full-time, on a four-day work week (32 hours per week)
Type of Contract : 12-month CDD, with possibility of extension/renewal
Start time: as quickly as possible
Registration deadline: March 1, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
China Dialogue Trust is looking for a Web Administrator and Junior Web Developer to join our London office. The ideal candidate will have experience in WordPress development as well as website maintenance and optimization.
The ideal candidate would be proactive, detail-oriented and self-motivated, with relevant professional experience coupled with a high level of precision and pride in their work.
China Dialog disseminates quality information and promotes communication on the environment and climate change in Chinese and English. We provide a space for open discussion, to inform and contribute to equitable and constructive solutions to global environmental issues.
We aim to promote a common purpose across political, ideological and cultural boundaries by publishing independent and accurate information on environmental and climate issues and by facilitating tolerant and constructive dialogue.
China Dialog the flagship site is its single, bilingual web platform, chinadialogue.net, along with its sister sites; thethirdpole.net, which reports on climate and water issues in South Asia in six regional languages; dialogochino.net, which publishes articles in Spanish, Portuguese and English on China’s impact and investments in Latin America; and chinadialogueocean.net, which reports on the global ocean crisis.
China Dialogue Trust is headquartered in London and has over 50 employees in 16 countries in Asia, West Africa and Latin America.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work with China Dialogue as a key contributor to its London-based team, working closely with the Production Manager and the wider team.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in the development and maintenance of WordPress sites;
- Mastery of site monitoring tools, in particular Google Analytics and Google; Tag manager;
- Digital marketing experience.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Use A/B testing to improve user retention;
- Provide best practices for website accessibility;
- Use of Ahrefs reports to improve the SEO of the site;
- Use of Google Ads;
- Proficiency in other coding languages;
- An interest in environmental issues.
- Ensure efficient day-to-day operation of our suite of websites through regular maintenance, website health checks, testing and debugging;
- Work with the Production Manager to implement our website development strategy;
- Apply an understanding of SEO to improve organic search on websites;
- Optimize user experience to increase user retention;
- Work with production and editorial teams to conceptualize and deliver new website features.
How to register:
Please send CV with references, cover letter, diversity tracking form and portfolio of web development work to: email@example.com
Applications must be submitted in English.
The application deadline is March 1, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.