With the demand for skilled software and IT professionals, it’s no surprise that companies are now looking to hire developers from around the world, whether it’s a seasoned specialist or a a person willing to learn. When looking for an experienced developer, you may not have much to think about. All you want is someone with the skills and experience to do the job.
However, with so many outsourcing services available on websites such as ODesk and Upwork, many companies are no longer able to find good quality talent locally. This led them to look outside their home country for web development professionals from other countries. Here we look at some things you need to know before hiring a Ukrainian web development team.
Understand the difference between a developer and an engineer
Although both are professionals in the field of software engineering, they have different responsibilities and roles in an organization. A developer takes care of the technical aspects of a project, while an engineer is in charge of all the non-technical aspects like management, marketing, etc. Engineers are more specialized and better suited for companies serious about research and innovation. A developer, on the other hand, is more of a generalist who knows programming languages and their basics.
Why You Should Hire a Ukrainian Developer
Ukraine is a popular destination for software outsourcing due to its skilled and experienced engineers. If you are looking for someone experienced in specific technologies, this is the place to look. The cost of hiring Ukrainian developers is quite low compared to other countries. With a booming IT industry, many engineers and developers are ready to join your team. Moreover, due to the low cost of living, you can hire Ukrainian developers and focus on development without affecting your budget.
Things to Consider Before Hiring a Ukrainian Developer
Pay particular attention to:
- The quality of the candidate. It is crucial to understand the quality of the candidate you hire. Otherwise, you might end up hiring someone less qualified than you would have hired in other countries. Several websites help you to understand the quality of the candidate such as HireaDeveloper.com, Hackerrank.com, etc.
- Cost of hiring. Although hiring a Ukrainian developer is quite profitable, you should not hire someone who will take you for granted. These people charge less due to the cost of living in Ukraine. However, you should hire someone who will work hard to deliver the best results.
- Communication between client and developer. Communication between client and developer should be open, transparent and easy. There must be a clear agreement between the client and the developer. If there is no clarity between the two, the project will be delayed as both parties try to understand each other.
- The attitude of the developer. The developer you hire should be respectful of your customers and your brand. He/she must be able to work under pressure and deliver quality work.
Where to find developers in Ukraine?
There are many websites that help you find a developer in Ukraine. You can also try connecting with software companies in your industry or hire an executive search firm to help you find developers in Ukraine.
Tips for Hiring a Ukrainian Developer
A few tips will help you with this task:
- Understand the language. When hiring a Ukrainian developer, you must understand the language as this will help you communicate easily with them. You can also hire an interpreter to help you communicate with your team from Ukraine.
- Check references. When hiring a developer, you should check the credentials of the person you hire. You can do this by calling the references and reading the words from them. You can also check their LinkedIn profiles to make sure they are genuine and not someone trying to get jobs on websites like ODesk.
- Understand what you want to do. This is crucial for the developer to know what is expected of him.
- Time to market. It is necessary to understand the time to market that the developer will give you and to understand if he will be able to deliver the project on time.
- Understand the scope of the project. It’s also critical to understand the scope of the project the developer has signed up for so you don’t hire someone who’s committed to doing something they don’t want to do.
- Understand the budget. Also, it’s essential to understand the budget before hiring a developer, because you don’t want to hire someone who will end up taking you for granted.
- Understand the timeline. Also, it is essential to understand the project schedule so that you do not hire someone who will take too long.
- Understand the technology. Finally, it is crucial to understand the technology the developer is working with.
As the demand for mobile and progressive web apps continues to grow, there is a need to develop these apps faster than ever. This is why so many companies today are turning to remote freelance jobs as an alternative. When it comes to hiring a developer, you need to make sure you have the right person for the job. This can mean being able to spot a problem before it becomes a problem, or just checking that it won’t be a huge headache to deal with. Ukraine is a top outsourcing destination for developers who want to work remotely on projects from home. Remote jobs from Ukraine offer flexibility and independence that regular office jobs do not.