A multinational training company is growing and is one of the fastest growing technology fields in the world. offices in Sweden, Brazil and Germany
A training platform with customers and users from all over the world. The platform is international (21 languages and users in 25 countries) and is used by a wide range of customers – from large multinational companies to small training companies. We are facing product and infrastructure modernization and have a number of interesting decisions and challenges ahead of us.
We are looking for a RAILS DEVELOPER with strong web development experience in Ruby or other languages, eg Python, C# or JS. to join their team to develop new smart solutions for the product.
You will be part of a team of 10 people responsible for the technical design and development of the platform. Together with your team, you are responsible for the entire platform, from the infrastructure to the rails and the front-end. It is of course possible to specialize in the aspect that interests you the most.
Having transportation with a valid driver’s license and a home office with a good internet connection is essential, as is remote work and office travel hours.
Must be a South African citizen residing in Johannesburg.
- Have a strong ambition to work as a lead developer
- Have a good understanding of the technologies behind web applications
- Are an efficient user of Git
- Are solution-oriented and pragmatic
- Have an ability to understand the big picture/end product
- Own your work tasks from start to finish, have your own motivation and be motivated
- You constantly want to learn more and strive to improve in your role
- Have a good ability to communicate and proactively improve working methods and code
- Prefers working in the office but also enjoys working with a distributed team
- Need to have a solid technical background in other languages
- Understanding of web application architecture
- enjoy what you do
- Experience with Linux is helpful
- Agile methodology
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and maintain a large, ambitious platform based on Ruby on Rails in the field of products used worldwide
- Experience first-hand the impact your work has on the end user
- Take initiatives and shape the technical vision of the platform
Desired work experience:
Desired level of qualification:
Find out more/Apply to this position