Reporting to the Project Manager, Cyber Range Training Centre, the Software/Web Developer will be responsible for many or all aspects of requirements analysis, design, build and configuration, testing, change management and training, version management, monitoring, tuning and maintenance of software applications, platforms and associated technologies.
The position will demonstrate solution development best practices, including the use of contemporary application and development methodologies with a focus on continuous improvement.
The main responsibilities of the role include (not limited to):
- Design, build, implement and configure IT solutions, software applications, platforms and technologies in relevant areas. This includes liaising with internal and external stakeholders, service partners and vendors, and ensuring compliance with relevant IAT-CRTC standards and processes, to maintain the protection of company information and reliability. of service delivery.
- Manage and support the end-to-end delivery of solutions.
- Provide guidance to IAT-CRTC customers to meet their software application needs, including identifying risks and opportunities for improvement
- Monitor, analyze and report on the availability, performance and capacity of services and resources and assist in the assessment and planning of necessary improvements or new initiatives to resolve issues and/or eliminate negative impacts on service delivery.
- Contribute to the evaluation of relevant software applications, platforms and technologies and their applicability to the IAT-CRTC
About the project
The New South Wales Government is funding the establishment of two pilot Institutes of Applied Technology (IATs) to provide an entirely new form of Australian higher education institution that will provide fully integrated theoretical and practical employability skills. One of these is Meadowbank’s state-of-the-art IAT-Digital Tech with Macquarie University, Microsoft, UTS and TAFE NSW collaborating to design, build and deliver courses.
Macquarie University leads the implementation of the signature discipline of cybersecurity with a distinctive and unique interdisciplinary curriculum within a live cyberrange facility. This cyber facility will also offer customizable training that can be tailored to different skill and expertise levels in online, physical face-to-face and blended/hybrid modes.
You will be a talented and highly motivated professional with experience delivering end-to-end software development and working with contemporary lifecycle methodologies.
You will have excellent communication and collaboration skills, combined with strong analytical and technical skills. You will need to be agile with the ability to build relationships and manage effective relationships with diverse groups of partners and stakeholders.
You are organized, team-oriented and detail-oriented with a strong focus on continuous improvement to achieve process effectiveness and efficiency.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Advanced degrees in a related field or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience with a demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development
- Knowledge of IT Service Management concepts and experience applying them in a corporate work environment
- Experience working with one or more software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies (such as DevOps, GitHub, CI/CD or platform-specific methodology).
- End-to-end SDLC experience including requirements analysis, design, build and configuration, testing, change management and training, release management, monitoring, tuning and maintenance .
- Ability to apply analytical skills and design thinking to the analysis, design and implementation of complex and specialized solutions, including the application of new frameworks and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing application solutions for complex enterprise systems in complex multi-party and formalized project delivery environments, supporting on-premise cloud and hybrid application setups.
- Development experience on open-source platforms
Role requests: Michael Chen, Project Manager, Cyber Range Training Centre, Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub via email at email@example.com
General recruitment inquiries: Bec Newman, HR Consultant by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications closed: Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (AEST)
Macquarie University’s goal is to increase the proportion of women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and diverse peoples from all backgrounds in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) roles ). Applications are reviewed holistically and candidates are encouraged to apply even if they do not feel strong on each individual selection criteria.
For more information, please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page https://staff.mq.edu.au/work/diversity-inclusion