Our client is looking for a Lead Web Developer to join their team, based in Port Elizabeth.
Purpose of the role:
The main objective of this role is to be an excellent developer and leader. The incumbent will be part of the product team and will regularly engage with teammates and company customers to design, develop, test, implement and support the solutions in place and the solutions the company plans to build.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Matrix certificate.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years or more of experience required.
- Self-Management – Candidates must possess the drive and ability to take on projects and execute them (from concept to user satisfaction).
- Technical – Experience in the company’s technology stack is essential, but it is recognized that many skills and technologies can be learned along the way.
- Problem-solving skills are essential.
- With both the largest number of customers and the increase in customer size, a focus on speed and responsiveness is key to the customer experience.
- Language – English is essential. Other languages would be beneficial.
Preferred experience in:
- WCF and Rest Web Services.
- Entity Framework (advantageous).
- Azure, DevOps (beneficial).
- Test-driven design (beneficial).
- Software architecture design patterns and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the team in development, coding, testing and debugging.
- Writing testable and efficient code.
- Lead code reviews and ensure code quality meets standards.
- Fast handling of support requests, bugs and new customer onboarding.
- Coach team members by ensuring they adhere to established quality standards.
- Managing expectations of the functional team, ensuring the business sets realistic expectations up-front and down-line.
- Work collaboratively with architects, research and development and IT management to ensure the business remains at the forefront of technology.
- Attend training courses on demand.
- Attend meetings as needed
- Perform any other additional duties as required.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Find out more/Apply to this position