Our client in the Insurance Sector, based in Cape Town is currently looking to employ a Junior Web Developer.
A great career opportunity awaits you.
- Specify degree/diploma in web development or software development.
- 1 to 2 years of web development experience.
- Thorough understanding of web markup including HTML5, CSS3.
- Understanding of server-side CSS preprocessing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of handling asynchronous requests, partial page updates and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image creation tools, to be able to crop, resize or make small adjustments to an image. Knowledge of tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Thorough understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/SVN/TFS, etc.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and guarantee that the application will respect them.
- Good understanding of working in an Agile environment.
- Basic HTML.
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translation of UI/UX design wireframes into real code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, playing an active role on both sides and defining the look of the application as well as how it works.
- Manage documents and version control on a content server.
- Update/map documents on various sites.
- Basic HTML code for mapping documents to websites.
- Content updates and management.
- Gather Google Analytics across various websites and determine optimization opportunities.
- Proactive content updates.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements, perform analysis, and prioritize requests.
- Develop new features for users.
- Create reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Contribute to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and training material development.
- Once the solution has been successfully tested, transport it to the production/live environment.
- Develop and maintain websites with CMS.
- Monitor solution performance and make recommendations to improve solution performance and functionality.
- Log issues found in existing systems as internal change controls and ensure successful resolution of issues.
Please note that if you do not receive a response within two weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Find out more/Apply to this position