- In January 2021, there were over 4.7 billion internet users worldwide.
- In January 2021, there were over 1.83 billion websites on the internet. Can you imagine so many websites?
- Everything now resides on the web, including healthcare, e-commerce, real estate, banking, the service industry, and even education.
- With the pandemic spreading around the world, bringing everything to a halt, many businesses have gone completely web-based.
- Unsurprisingly, employment in web development has grown significantly, providing jobs for 174,300 developers in the United States alone.
- Web development is the fastest growing field with an expected growth rate of 8% from 2019 to 2029.
- It has also become one of the highest paying jobs.
Today, when everything is happening on the web, there is a need for web developers across the world. Every business needs a website to thrive in the market, so it needs web developers. This has created a huge demand for web developers. Many IT professionals wish to have a lucrative career in web development, which increases the number of professionals interested in web development course.
In this article, we are going to explore what web development is and how to become a web developer.
Introduction to web development
Simply put, web development is the process of creating internet-based applications and websites. Web development includes
- Design of a web page (front-end),
- Coding for the server side (the back-end), and
- Storage (database technology)
- Integration of the three components (full-stack development).
What is a Web Developer?
A web developer is a professional who designs and builds websites and applications using a client-server model.
The front-end includes client-side coding of web applications, converting the design into real applications, while ensuring an adaptive and responsive user interface.
On the other hand, back-end developers are involved in creating and monitoring the services required by a web application and ensuring that the application works properly. it is also required to manage services such as data storage and API for a web application. To sum up, a back-end developer is one who works behind the scenes of a website or application.
A full-stack developer is an expert on both front-end and back-end. They typically oversee development and take care of UI as well as business requirements.
Thus, the main tasks of a web developer are:
- Create and maintain websites and other applications
- Take a website design created by the client or the design team and turn it into a website
- Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders, clients and designers to understand the vision.
- Specialize in client side or server side or even both to become a full stack developer.
For front-end development
- HTML or Hypertext markup language is the most important language to learn as it is used to design the layout of web pages.
- CSS or Cascading StyleSheets are needed to style the HTML elements of a website.
- Front frames: Some popular frameworks such as Angular, React, and Vue improve the appearance of front-end applications and improve development speed.
For back-end development
- Python- a language considered to be the most crucial skill required to handle server-side tasks in web development.
- PHP- is the back-end language used to handle all the tasks that run in the background in a web application.
- Java- It is the language which is mainly known for back-end development. Java is considered one of the most used languages by web developers.
- Data base management- There are database languages such as MySQL or MongoDB which are used for storage purposes in web development.
For Full stack development, you need to have the skills required for front-end and back-end. Indeed, they are necessary to manage the complete workflow of the web development environment.
How to become a web developer?
- Start with the fundamental concepts
- Be user-friendly with web development software
To become a successful web developer, you need to master web tools such as graphics software examples: Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Web development services include e-commerce, web design, content management system, custom web applications, ASP.net and PHP.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing your website to attract organic traffic in a significant way. SEO includes practices, methods, and techniques used to make content easily searchable and beneficial to readers.
Good content is keyword rich, completely original, perfectly written, works, and filled with relevant information. SEO goes hand in hand with web design and web development, so you need to master the concepts of SEO.
Web development is a multidisciplinary field, so you need to master a variety of skills.
- Practice can make you perfect!
You don’t have to go through the theoretical part all the time, you have to practice web development at all levels. After all, you only learn by practicing it. Start by creating a simple website then move on to dynamic sites, you will easily master web development software.
- Training can make things easier
It’s the easiest and most practical way to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to become a successful web developer. Indeed, your skills are taken to the next level with the help of a specially designed program that includes all the technologies and software used in web development.
Moreover, the courses are designed in such a way that they do not include irrelevant things and only the latest trends and technologies. Self-paced learning, enterprise-class learning management system, doubt sessions by industry experts and round-the-clock learner support are other special features of a course. online training.
What do you conclude?
Online training from an accredited institute can make things easier and becoming a web developer is not at all difficult!
An exasperatingly humble organizer. Contractor. Zombie guru. Professional designer. Future teen idol.