Fordham University, New York, NY, USA
Work at Fordham University
Salary: Competitive with a full benefits package
Level: Experienced (Non Manager)
Duration: full time
Fordham University Marketing and Communications is looking to hire a talented Product Manager with development skills to serve as the Academic Web Developer. This position is part of the Online Communications team and reports to the Senior Director of Online Communications. Our team is responsible for all aspects of the University’s main web presence (www.fordham.edu) and many of the most visible sites in the fordham.edu domain, as well as other forms of online communications such as email marketing. We are also responsible for establishing and enforcing online brand standards across all of the University’s digital properties. Additionally, we serve as consultants to the academic community regarding best practices in information architecture, user journeys, SEO, design, accessibility, online communications, and content management.
The University Web Developer will have an eye for design and the ability to create a seamless user experience for the entire Fordham community. Help ensure that Fordham’s unique character, brand, reputation and community are presented clearly and dynamically in all our digital efforts.
- Applies design thinking and human-centered design principles to our digital communications to further enhance the University’s strategic enrollment and fundraising efforts.
- Delivers high-quality, tested code that follows engineering best practices. Produces documentation on the purpose and maintenance of the code.
- Participates as a primary stakeholder in planning the product roadmap and managing priorities to align with the University’s strategic plan.
- Works with university information technology and external vendors to resolve technical issues and improve site/system performance.
- Maintains the accessibility of Fordham’s digital properties and advocates accessibility to the wider academic community.
- Develops and maintains inter-client responsive email templates.
- Oversees data integrations between digital communications properties and other relevant systems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential bugs and inefficiencies.
- Directs and supervises the work of student workers as required.
- Helps provide support and guidance to our user community by developing online guides and training tutorials.
- Communicate and train other team members on web and email functionality.
- Performs additional duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience writing semantic HTML5 and modern SCSS for responsive applications. HTML coding experience from scratch.
- An eye for design.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with code libraries.
- Experience with modern build tools and version control (eg: Git or GitHub)
- Experience with web services.
- Thorough understanding of cross-browser and cross-mail client compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop.
- Mastery of ADA compliance.
- Experience developing in and extending CMS frameworks.
- Must exercise judgment and decision-making, identify opportunities and understand the possible implications of code changes.
- Experience with user testing and user-centered design.
- Experience with SEO.
- Familiarity with RESTful API integration.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to convey technical concepts to stakeholders and other non-technical personnel.
- Empathy with the many different types of users who interact with our site.
- Willingness to learn and defend Fordham’s Jesuit and Catholic mission and identity.
About Fordham University
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, providing an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students at its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, NY, the Louis Calder Center biological field station in Armonk, NY, and the London Center in the UK.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition fee rebate; and generous holidays.
Successful applicants must have knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit education.
Want to know more about Fordham University? Visit the Fordham University website.